Day 13 – Somewhere you’d like to move or visit.
Any one close to me can blurt out in a second the one place I’d love to visit… NEW YORK!!!
One of my life goals is to go to New York. It seems a little petty to categorize it as a life goal; but you see, I haven’t been out of the continent of Asia plus I’ve pined for NY since I was a kid. Blame it on the movies and books which I’ve watched and read through the years; most of which was set in New York. Blame it on Lea Salonga and “Miss Saigon”. Blame it on F.R.I.E.N.D.S. Blame it on my love for twinkling lights, people-watching and wonderful chaos.
Apart from the moolah, the only thing hindering me to buy a ticket and fly out for NY is the fact that I don’t have a US Visa yet. Yikes! I’ve started to research about it and will be applying for one soon. I’m crossing my fingers and praying that it would be a smooth process.
If I finally get a chance to step on the hustling and bustling streets of the Big Apple, I’d:
- Go watch the sunrise with Lady Liberty
- Stand by the infamous Times Square and be mesmerized by the twinkling lights
- Watch broadway plays.
- Ride a bike crossing the Brooklyn bridge
- Lose myself in a book in the Grand Central Library
- Walk around the Greenwich Village and hunt for the F.R.I.E.N.D.S apartment
- Watch people come and go in the Grand Central Terminal.
- Sit on a bench underneath a tree in Central Park with my pen and journal, scribbling whatever pops into my mind.
- Ride the subway going anywhere.
- Wear a pretty dress and drop by The Plaza just to see what the fuss all those romantic comedies want to show
- Indulge in the best pizzas in New York
- Go up the Empire State building
There are still a lot more to discover in New York. I’m still going through the guidebook my boyf gave me as a present before. Leafing through its pages, the guidebook has been my source for my wonderful imagined adventures in NY.
How about you? Where would you like to go? 🙂