Day 7: Your zodiac sign and if you think it fits your personality
With my birthday falling on August 16 *hint, hint*, my zodiac sign would be Leo, the lion/ess. Given what I know about the Leo zodiac sign, I would have to say upfront that it doesn’t fit me 100%, just around 75% I’d say. I’d like to view myself as a cub still growing and exploring.
From Astrology.com, here are some of the qualities that a Leo possess plus my assessment of myself against each:
- Leo folks are impossible to miss, since they love being center stage. It’s quite common to see a Leo on stage or in Hollywood, since these folks never shy away from the limelight. >>> I did mention in my Day 6 post that I would love to work in theater. However, I still see myself self as an initially shy person. If you were to meet me the first time, you’d think I was a bore or a snob. I would rather step back during a party/meeting/get-together and observe people. As time passes though, I slowly step in to the (lime)light and start to interact with the different folks.
- They are supremely talented and have a flair for the dramatic. >>> How I would love to say I’m supremely talented, but I’d settle for a bit talented. The drama is something I somehow crave. I could read about it, watch it or even live it. 😛
- Warmth and enthusiasm seems to seep from every Leo pore. >>> Some people who see me may think I’m always grouchy. Well, most of the time, I am. Hehe! But if you get to know me more, I’m really a caring person to the point that friends tease me as either an older sister or a mom. The enthusiasm part… I think I fail here for most of the times. 😦 As someone who cares a lot for other people, I am as sensitive as one can be. I’m no tough cookie.
- Lions are eager to see their projects through to completion since the Leo-born are natural leaders. >>>I’m not ready to lead a tea/corporation/country but I do make sure that anything assigned to me would be finished completely on time, if not earlier. If there’s anything I could do to make whatever project I have be successful, I’d do it!
- Lions are indeed opinionated and set in their ways. That said, they are well organized-idealistic and have a knack for inspiring others. >>> This would be contradicting for the 1st part, but I’m open to other ideas or suggestions about anything and everything. I do have my opinions but for most of the time, I just keep them to myself. As for being organized and inspirational, well I do hope I am. I could sure need some direction in my life and be , at the same time, help others discover their own directions.
- You can bet that the Lion’s home will be swaddled in royal purple and gold. >>> PURPLE!!! My room is colored purple with a lining of apple green.
- Regardless of appearance, those born under this sign can be counted on for their loyalty and sense of honor. >>> One thing’s for sure, I love my family and friends. I’d do anything for them as I believe they’d do the same for me. They say that friends come and go. To that, I say that I might go but I’ll always keep in touch.
- Leos are great at spending money. Lions can’t fathom an uncomfortable throne. >>> Is this for real?!?!?!????? I get guilty when I shop for something I want and not what I need.
- Lions are also a natural at the gym, where they can show their stuff to a crowd. >>> WAHAHAHAHA!!! I doubt this. Well, I doubt it for me. >:P I’m hoping that I, myself, could show off my non-existent abs and toned arms to the world.
- The Leo lover is devoted, creative and almost too hot to handle! >>> Yes I agree! I’m too hot to handle! 😀
If Leos do crave the attention, then that must explain the chaos and riot here at home when we discuss something over dinner. You see, my dad, older brother and sister (they’re twins!) and I are all born on August and share the same zodiac sign! Just imagine all that roaring we do! 😛