Day 2 Topic: Where you’d like to be in 10 years.
Good timing for this topic. I had dinner with my girls Tin, Jill and Pat, earlier. Of course, when you’re with friends you spend most of the time just talking about anything and everything. For tonight’s topic, we tackled our current situations and future plans plus a few, uhm, current events (gossip, as some might say). 😛 It was fun to hear out everyone’s dreams and goals. It felt like there’s still that passion we thought we had lost when we reached our 20’s. There’s still that excitement for what life has to offer despite those nagging fear of hardships and failures.
So where do I want to be in 1o years? Where, oh where? Well, in 10 years, I hope to be…
- In the arms of my hubby and my kid/s. Settling down in my mid-thirties is the first thing that popped into my mind. I can just picture myself being a hands-on wife and mom. I’d be the kind of wife and mom who comes up with quirky ideas like Date Night Wednesdays, Game Night Sundays. and Annual Fly Outs.
- Behind an immigration counter. Apart from the Annual Fly Outs with the family, I would love to have the luxury to travel on my own. I plan to lose myself in a crowd, sit on a bench to watch people and jot down a thought or two in my journal.
- On top of things involving the business I’ve set up. A cafe, a boutique, a quaint bookstore… how I wish I can build a business from any of the 3. I’m itching to start implementing a business but there’s still that planning and deciding phase I need to finish. I’m crossing my fingers that by the time I turn 30, I’ve already started this.
- With editors and publishers as colleagues. My childhood dream of writing is something I am pushing myself to pursue. I’d love to have the chance to write feature or review articles for a magazine or Young Adult novels. I’ve got a looong way to go on this one since I’m still honing any writing skills I might have. Rest assured, my mid-30s self would have a part-time career as a freelance writer. 🙂
- Around family and friends. I treasure my family and friends more than anything. I pray that even as I get older, they would still be there for me as sure as I am for them. Holidays won’t be as much fun without my crazy dad, friendly mom, funny brothers, overbearing sister and the rest of the lovely clan. Gatherings won’t be eventful without my village clique, dessert girl friends and work best friends. 😛 I’d bet my kid/s would grow up to be a well-rounded person with all the people I’ve brought into his/her/their life/ves.
There you go. A few places I’d want to be in 10 years time. They seem like childish wishes but, hey, they’re MY wishes. 😛 Let’s see if I get to accomplish them all in 10 years time. 😀